Avoid Common Mistakes
- Sign your return.
- Make sure your name, address and social security number(s) are correct.
- Check all math.
- Pay special attention to your personal exemption amounts. Each exemption claimed for yourself, your spouse, and dependents should be computed at $930, while exemptions for age and blindness should be computed at $800 each.
- If you itemized deductions on Form 760, make sure you complete lines 10(a), 10(b) and 10
- If you itemized deductions on Form 760PY, make sure you complete lines11 - 13
- If you itemized deductions on Form 763, make sure you complete lines 10 - 12
- Put the correct postage on your envelope. If your return is sent back to you because of insufficient postage, you are liable for the penalties and interest if the postmark on the remailed return is after the due date.
- File your original return. Do not file a photocopy.
Last Updated 02/07/2015 22:58