Credit Card Payments
Convenience and Flexibility
Enjoy the convenience and flexibility of making tax payments using your credit or debit card. Official Payments Corporation is the service provider the Department of Taxation uses to process credit and debit card payments by phone or over the Internet. Official Payments charges a convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction. The convenience fee for credit card payments is $1.00 for payments up to $40.00 and 2.45% of the payment amount for payments greater than $40.00. The convenience fee to use a debit card is $3.95 per transaction. The convenience fee will appear as a separate charge on your credit and debit card statements.
Easy Payment Via Phone or Internet
To pay by credit card, call the toll-free number 1-800-2PAY-TAX (800-272-9829) or visit http://www.officialpayments.com to pay taxes by credit card over the Internet. Enter the Virginia Jurisdiction Code (1080) when prompted.
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- The type of tax
- A bill number (if paying a bill)
- Your credit card information
- The amount of the tax or fee payment
- Your social security number or FEIN number
The system will:
- Tell you the total of your payment, including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Provide you with a confirmation number. Be sure to write down your confirmation number as a record of your payment. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement: the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.
Last Updated 6/24/2014 16:4