Free Fillable Forms e-File FAQs
- General Information
- What You Need to Know Before Getting Started
- System Requirements
- How to Use State Fillable Forms for Virginia
- How to Get Help
What is State Fillable Forms?
State Fillable Forms is an online FREE forms based tool enabling you to:
- Prepare your Virginia resident income tax return and schedules by filling in your tax information online just like completing a paper return
- Perform basic mathematical calculations
- e-file your Virginia income tax return, or
- Print your tax return for recordkeeping and filing
Fillable Forms is the tool for you if you are comfortable filling out the forms and schedules without software help or assistance. If you are not comfortable with this method, you may want to consider choosing the VA Free File option or, if you don’t meet the requirements for Free File, choose the paid e-file option.
Fillable Forms provides individual taxpayers with a comparable experience to paper forms, in an electronic environment, on the computer. This free forms-based program allows taxpayers to choose the state income tax forms and schedules they need, fill in information, e-file and sign the return electronically, and print for record keeping. Fillable Forms is made available by the Virginia Department of Taxation through the State Fillable Forms program.
How is State Fillable Forms different from tax software?
Unlike most tax software, State Fillable Forms is a simple electronic equivalent of paper forms. It provides basic mathematical calculations and basic field error checking. It does not ask about or explain tax situations, automatic calculations, extensive error checking. The program provides forms for the Virginia 760 resident return only, while most tax software provides federal and state.
Can I use State Fillable Forms to prepare and e-file my federal tax return?
No. If you want to prepare and file your federal income tax return, you may want to choose an e-File program that allows you to prepare both the state and federal return together check here for the option that best suits your needs.
Do I have to create a new account each year?
Yes. The software providers do not retain your account information for subsequent years.
How is this method different from choosing a Free File tax software program?
There are no income limitations. Therefore, if you don't qualify for one of the Free File software products, you can use State Fillable Forms to file your resident return online. There are certain limitations that will prevent the e-filing of the return, however you can still complete the return online, print and mail in. See “What are the qualifications to use State Fillable Forms for Virginia?” under “What you need to know before getting started” section of the FAQ’s.
When Will I Get My Refund?
If you e-filed your return your refund will be issued within 1 week if you use Direct Deposit and within 2 weeks if you prefer a Refund Debit Card. If you filed by printing and mailing in the return, it will take 30 days if you use Direct Deposit and another 7 days if you prefer a Refund Debit Card.
You can get tax return refund information through the Virginia Department of Taxation’s "Where’s My Refund" page. Or by calling (804) 367-2486 with a touch tone phone, you can check the status of your refund 24/7. You will need to enter three information items from your e-filed return:
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Tax year
- The exact whole dollar amount of your expected refund.
What is the advantage over filling out a "pencil and paper" return?
State Fillable Forms allows taxpayers to complete their tax forms online, using the computer, and electronically file over the internet. Unlike paper returns, State Fillable Forms provides basic math calculations and basic field validation checking. E-filed returns are typically accepted or rejected by the Virginia Department of Taxation within 24-48 hours. Taxpayers receive their refunds in less time, compared to pencil and paper returns.
Why Do I have to Fill In the Information for Schedule Fed and Schedule Inc?
This information is necessary so that the Virginia Department of Taxation can match what you have filed on your federal return with the information provided on your state return. If your federal return included a Schedule C, C-EZ, F, form 2106, Form 2106-EZ, or Form 4562 this information is mandatory in order to efile your return.
Can I print my Virginia return for free?
Yes, you can print a copy of all required Virginia forms and supporting documents for your records for free.
I forgot to print my return before I e-filed. Can I get a copy?
Yes, return to your account and print your return. Print buttons are on the top and bottom of your screens.
If you need a copy of your return after Oct. 20, 2013, then you may call Virginia Department of Taxation at (804) 367-8031.
Do I have to pay to e-file or print my return?
No, e-filing and printing your Virginia tax return is free.
What if I can't (or don't want to) e-file? Can I just print my return and mail it in?
Yes, State Fillable Forms supports both e-filing and printing your return to mail to the Virginia Department of Taxation.
The advantages of e-file are that you will receive your refund within a week with Direct Deposit and within 2 weeks if you prefer a Refund Debit Card. If you owe, you can file early and warehouse your direct debit payment for the due date.
If you decide not to e-file your state return, go to the “When & Where To File” page.
What are some tips for avoiding common errors?
- Your Social Security Number or Employee Identification Number contain the proper number of digits,
- You do not enter invalid characters,
- The date and telephone number fields are formatted correctly and do not contain invalid characters,
- Your e-mail address is correct,
- The tax amount has been calculated and
- Your deduction and exemption amounts have been calculated.
Will I be able to view my actual return before I e-file it?
Yes. We encourage you to review your data before submitting your return to make certain that all information is complete and accurate. This simple precaution will help you avoid mistakes that can delay your refund or result in correspondence from the Virginia Department of Taxation.
What information should I retain for my records?
After you submit your return, print a copy for your records. You should retain this along with other supporting documentation (Forms W-2, 1099, and other attachments) and your username, password, and electronic pin.
Why do I have to give you my e-mail address?
State Fillable Forms requires an e-mail address for taxpayers who will need to track the status of their returns via e-mail. After e-filing, taxpayers will receive an acknowledgement of successful filing, and then a message containing the return status from the Virginia Department of Taxation through the State Fillable Forms provider. Returns are either accepted or rejected. This is important information, since if the return is rejected, it means that it has not been filed. You will need to fix the issue that caused your return to reject. Either e-file again or print and file by mail.
Can I change my e-mail?
Yes. Sign in to your account and edit your account information
Do I need to mail any forms to the Virginia Department of Taxation; for example, my W-2, Form W2-G, Form 1099-MISC or Form 1098?
No, if you e-file, you do not need to mail in forms, such as your W-2 or any other information statements but you are required to keep your supporting documentation for three years from the due date of the return. However, if you choose to print and file the paper return, you must include all W-2 forms and any other information statements.
If I have a balance due and can’t pay right now, is there a payment plan available?
Paying your taxes in full and on time avoids unnecessary penalties and interest. However, if you cannot pay your taxes in full, file your return without the payment. When you receive a bill for the tax due from the Department you should contact the Virginia Department of Taxation Teleplan at (804) 440-5100 to set up a payment plan.
I discovered a mistake after I e-filed. Can I get my return back?
No. Once your return is transmitted and accepted it’s like dropping it in the mailbox, you can’t get it back. If you need to make a change, you will need to file an amended return on paper. If your return is rejected then you can make any necessary changes and resubmit your return.
Do I need to do anything else after e-filing my return?
Yes, you should track your return to make sure the Virginia Department of Taxation accepts it. If you entered your valid e-mail address in State Fillable Forms, you will receive acknowledgement of successful transmission and then acknowledgment that the Virginia Department of Taxation has accepted or rejected your return. If you printed and filed your return[s], you can get refund information about your Virginia income tax return through the Virginia Department of Taxation's Where’s My Refund. You will need to enter three pieces of information from your e-filed return:
- Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Tax year
- The exact whole dollar amount of your expected refund
How to Pay a Balance Due?
You have three options for paying a balance due for your Virginia state return:
- By Direct Debit - if you e-file your return you can choose to use the direct debit method. Fill in the required information on the e-filing worksheet. If you print and mail your return, you can use the Virginia Department of Taxation's VATAX Online for Individuals, a free tax payment system that allows you to make payments online directly from your checking or savings accounts.
- By Check - mail a check directly to
- You can pay by credit card by calling a toll-free service (1-800-272-9829).
What do I need before starting?
- A copy of your 2012 federal tax return.
- All income and tax statements you received for 2012, such as Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-G, 1099-INT, and 1099-R.
- Your 2012 estimated tax payment amounts, if any.
- If you are going to use direct deposit for a refund, or use direct debit withdrawal to pay any taxes owed, you'll need your routing number and account number for your checking or savings account.
What forms are supported by State Fillable Forms for Virginia?
The Fillable Forms program supports the 2012 Virginia resident return and companion schedules.
- Form 760
- Schedule ADJ
- Schedule CR
- Schedule OSC
- Schedule FED
- Form 760C
- Form 760F
- Form 760-PMT
- Form 760-PFF
What are the qualifications to use State Fillable Forms for Virginia?
With State Fillable forms, there are no limitations for income, age, or location. However, there are some limitations if you plan to e-file your return. You can still use the program but you will have to print and mail in the return.
If you have more than three additions
- Enter Code 00 and the total additions on line 2b, SchADJ and attach an explanation of each addition.
If you have more than two subtractions
- Enter Code 00 and the total subtractions on line 6b, SchADJ and attach an explanation of each subtraction.
If you have more than three deductions
- Enter Code 000 and the total subtractions on line 8a, SchADJ and attach an explanation of each subtraction
If you have more than three voluntary contributions
- Enter Code 00 and the total additions on line 22a, SchADJ and attach an explanation of each addition.
If you have more than three public school or library contributions
- Enter Code 999999 and the total additions on line 23a, SchADJ and attach an explanation of each addition.
- If you are claiming any of the nine credits that require supporting documentation to be mailed to the Department. Please see the Schedule CR instructions for details.
- If you are claiming credits for taxes paid to another state on the Schedule OSC.
If I need a form that isn't supported, can I still use State Fillable Forms to do my return?
No. Access the Virginia Department of Taxation website to ascertain other alternatives for preparing and filing your return.
Can I use State Fillable Forms for filing a prior-year tax return?
No. Only the current tax year resident forms are available in State Fillable Forms.
How secure is my information?
Your internet session and transmission of your state return will be encrypted in a secure environment. All your tax information entered in State Fillable Forms is protected with industry - standard security or greater. When you e-file, the transaction is encrypted with the same technology used by banks in protecting online transactions. This means that your information is protected from any unauthorized access while it's sent to the Virginia Department of Taxation.
Where is my data stored?
Can I retrieve my return online in the future? For how long?
You will be able to access your tax return through the last day you can file a tax return through the State Fillable Forms program for the current tax year. After that, your return will be backed up and then removed from the State Fillable Forms database. Sign in to your return with your user ID and password.
How do I start using State Fillable Forms
You must access the program by going to the Virginia Department of Taxation e-File page and clicking on the Virginia Fillable Forms link.
Are there any requirements to send documentation to the Department after e-Filing my return?
No, you are not required to send documentation to the Department after e-Filing your return.
Do you sell any of my information to other companies?
No. The information entered in State Fillable Forms will not be sold or marketed to any companies.
How long will this be available?
State Fillable Forms for the current tax year will be available until October 20, 2013.
Can I electronically file using State Fillable Forms if my address is in a foreign country?
Yes, you can use Fillable Forms if your address on Form 760 is in a foreign country however. you will not be able to receive your refund through direct deposit or pay your tax due through direct debit if your bank account is with a foreign bank.
What are the minimum computer requirements for using State Fillable Forms?
State Fillable Forms is optimized for the following:
- Windows: Pentium 4 3Ghz or equivalent
- Macintosh: PowerPC® G5 2GHz or faster Intel-based processor
Oldest Supported Browser (Actual version, not emulated)
Windows 7 and Vista support:
- Google Chorme 4.x
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5x
- Safari 4.x
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.x (on Windows 7)
- MIcrosoft Internet Explorer 8.x (on Windows 7)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x (on Vista)
Windows XP Service Pack 2 supports:
- Google Chorme 4.x
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5.x
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x
- Safari 4.x
Windows 2003 supports:
- Microsoft Internet 7.x
Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) supports:
- Google Chrome 4.x
- Mozilla Firefox 3.x
- Safari 5.x
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) supports:
- Google Chrome 4.x
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5.x
- Safari 3.x
Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) supports:
- Google Chrome 4.x
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5.x
- Safari 3.x
Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) supports:
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5.x
- Safari 3.x
Non OS Requirements
- Printing: Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® 7.0 or higher
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM
- Internet Connection: High speed Internet
- Monitor: 1024x768 screen resolution
- Flash: Macromedia Flash 9.0 (or higher)
* You will need a printer if you wish to print your return.
* You will need an email address.
For more information, please visit our Privacy page.
What if I'm having problems with my computer or my internet connection and am unable to access the State Fillable Forms Program?
- You may contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Review the FAQs on "System Requirements" of this document, to ensure your system meets all requirements and you are using a supported browser.
What if I am not able to print my return, what should I do?
Check your system requirements.
- You may need to disable your pop-up blockers. For example, if you are using an Apple computer and a Safari internet browser, you must uncheck the Block Popup Windows at the top menu under the Safari dropdown. The Block Popup Windows is listed as the fourth option from the top. It is defaulted as checked, so you must uncheck it before starting. If you leave the Block Popup Windows checked, you will not be able to print or view the instructions for a specific form or schedule.
- You must also have Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 version or higher installed to view the instructions and print your return.
How Do I Allow Pop-ups?
First, determine which internet browser you are using then follow these instructions for that browser. Note that the steps may vary depending on your browser version. See your browser’s Help.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under Settings, move the slider to Medium.
- Under Popup Blocker, clear the Block pop-ups field.
- Click OK
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Options window, select the Privacy icon.
- Select Accept cookies from sites, and then click OK.
- On the Options window, select the Content icon.
- Clear the Block Popup Windows field, and then click OK.
- On the Tools menu, click Settings.
- Click the Internet Options button.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under Settings, move the slider to Medium.
- Under Pop-up Blocker, clear the Block pop-ups field.
- Click OK.
- On the Safari menu, click Block Pop-Up Windows to remove the checkmark.
- On the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- Click the Security icon at the top of the window.
- Under Accept Cookies, select "Always".
- Close the Preferences window to save the settings.
How do I create an account?
After selecting State Fillable Forms on the Virginia Department of Taxation e-file page, continue through to the “forms screen” and create an account. You’ll provide your own user ID and password, which you will save. You will use this information each time you sign in to your return. You will also enter your “e-mail address” so that you can be notified of errors; acknowledge receipt of your return and so that you can track the status of your return. Once you establish an account, you will be sent a confirmation email with your username and a link to access the application. When returning to the site, in the future, use the link provided in the confirmation email.
How do I change my account information?
To change your account information, click the "Update Account Information" link at the bottom right corner of the sign in screen. Input your password and the account screen will appear. At this account screen, you will have four choices:
- Change your user ID
- Change your password
- Change your security question
- Change your e-mail address
Click the appropriate link and follow the instructions to make the necessary changes. Click "Save" when finished.
How do I attach a different form?
To attach a form or schedule to your return:
- Click the "Add" button located at the line where the information from that form will go.
- Input the information into the form or schedule and use the "Do the Math" button when necessary.
- Click "Done with this Form" when finished.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure your number entries reported on a schedule have also successfully transferred to where they need to be reported on the 760 return. A form will not attach another form until there is a link.
The form will now be attached to your tax return. To check which forms you currently have attached, click the "View / Add Forms" button at the upper right corner and a list of all of the forms that you currently have attached will display.
How do I access my account if I want to correct an error?
Access your account by using the URL shown in your "New Account Confirmation" email, which was sent by the software provider when you created your account. Once you are on the provider's page, select "Sign In / Create an Account", and then put in your username and password on the next screen.
How do I navigate through the program?
Once you are in the State Fillable Forms product:
- Remember - Do not use your browser’s back button. Instead, to return to the previous screen, click "Done With Form" at the bottom of the screen.
- You will use two basic elements: buttons and tabs.
After you have completed the forms, click "Done With Form" at the bottom of the screen. On the left side of your screen, you’ll see a list of forms completed that will build as you work. You can click on any form in this list to re-open the form.
At the top of your screen, there are two tabs – one for the State Fillable Tax Forms, the other for e-filing your return. When you have completed all your forms, select the e-file tab to e-file your return.
Are there required entry fields?
Yes, you must enter your name, Social Security Number, address, telephone number and personal income information.
If you file electronically, all fields on the e-file worksheet must be completed.
Should I round entry fields?
No, the State Fillable Tax Forms program does the rounding for you.
Should I include dashes, dollar signs, commas or text with my data entries?
No, exclude all dashes, dollar signs and commas.
When should I click the "Do the math" button?
The "Do the math" button runs calculations for you. Make sure to click "Do the math" after you complete each section of a form. If you're unable to enter information into a certain field that means the field is calculated for you.
What do the different colors mean?
Calculated fields will be displayed in blue. All other fields will be displayed in green. Messages will appear in red boxes.
Why are some fields automatically calculated, whereas others require manual data entry?
Fields that can be calculated with simple math are calculated, but if the calculation is conditional on other information, like filing status, the field is not calculated and must be entered manually.
How do I know which fields automatically calculate?
Automatically calculated fields will not allow data entry. When you click in the field, a flag will indicate the field is automatically calculated.
If I need help with a line number, what should I do?
Each line of the main form contains a link to any form, schedule or instructions related to that line. Click on the link for additional help. You may also refer to specific Virginia Department of Taxation instructions for the relevant form, schedule or publication.
May I make changes after I have entered all my information?
Yes, after you have entered all the information, you can still go back and make corrections but before you e-file. If your return is rejected during the e-file process you can log back into your return and make the needed corrections and e-file the return again.
Nothing happens when I click the "View/Add" Forms button. What's wrong?
This button opens a window on the left side of the screen that displays a list of forms in the return. If this window is already open, selecting "View/Add Forms" will not result in any action.
Why can't I enter information into a field?
If you're unable to enter information in a certain field that means the field is calculated for you. Select the "Do the Math" button to run the calculations. Another possibility is that the form related to that field is not supported in State Fillable Forms.
I selected a button on one of my forms, and now I can't undo it.
If you select a radio button on one of the forms and find you can't "uncheck" it, just click on the selected button and then press the delete key.
May I save my return and finish it later?
Yes. Just return to the e-file page on the Department of Taxation's website and click on the State Fillable Forms link. You will need to remember and enter your user ID and password for access.
I closed the "My Tax Forms" area on the left, how do I get it back?
Select the "View/Add Forms" at the top of your screen.
What if I enter the wrong data?
If you make an error such as entering the wrong data from a statement, simply go back, delete the wrong information and enter the correct information. If the form is no longer needed you can select the "Remove This Form" button at the bottom of the screen.
How do I know if Virginia Department of Taxation received my state return?
You will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours that your return was received by the Virginia Department of Taxation.
What if I forget my password, user name or security questions?
If you forget your password or username, you will be able to retrieve this information at the beginning of the program. Access the link that says "Forgot Username/Password?" at the "Sign in Screen". After answering your security question correctly, a new username or password will be emailed to you. If you are unable to recover your password because you do not remember your security question/answer, you will need to create a new account and start over with your return.
What if I receive an email that my return has not been accepted by the Virginia Department of Taxation due to errors?
E-filed returns are rejected for a variety of reasons. If your return is rejected by the Virginia Department of Taxation it means it has not been filed. It's important to resolve the issue that caused the rejection then you can e-file again. If you can't resolve the issue or choose not to e-file, you need to print the return and file it by mail. For more information about where you should mail your state return, go to the Where to File page.
Who is responsible if there are errors on the return?
It is your responsibility to enter all information completely and accurately. Before you begin, be sure to have all information you will need to complete your return. Always verify all information on your return before submitting it.
What if I do not have to report a Form W2, Wage and Tax Statement, but I have other income that I need to report, may I still use State Fillable Forms?
Yes, but at the screen that reads, "Step #2, e-file Your Tax Forms", you may skip the requirement to add a Form W2.
I received an email from the Virginia Department of Taxation with an error code. What does the error code mean? How do I go about correcting the errors?
E-filed returns can reject for a variety of reasons. If your return is rejected by the Virginia Department of Taxation, it means it has not been filed. It's important to resolve the issue that caused the rejection. Then you can e-file again. If you can't resolve the issue or choose not to e-file, you need to print the return and file it by mail. For more information about where you should mail your Virginia return, access the Virginia Department of Taxation website.
Listed below are some common rejection reasons and what to do if you receive one of these reasons after e-filing:
Error Reject Codes
- 760-022 Virginia Adjusted Gross Income on Form 760 must equal Federal Adjusted Gross Income plus the sum of Additions to Federal Adjusted Gross Income from Schedule ADJ/CG Part 1 minus Primary and Secondary Taxpayer Qualifying age deduction on Form 760 minus Social Security Act/Tier 1 Railroad Retirement Act benefits minus State Income Tax Refund or overpayment credit minus the sum of Subtractions from Federal Adjusted Gross Income from SCH ADJ/CG Part 1.
- 760-005 - Primary Taxpayer’s VAGI and Spouse’s VAGI must equal Total VAGI on Form 760, when claiming Spouse tax Adjustment.
- 760-023 Credit for Low Income on Form 760 must equal the Credit for Low Income Individuals amount claimed on Schedule ADJ/CG Part 2.
- 760-026 Additions must equal the Total Additions claimed on SCH
I didn't receive a confirmation email after my account was created. What should I do?
If you did not receive a confirmation email when you created an account, it is possible that your spam filter is blocking the email. Check your email account for a spam folder, open it and look for an email from customer_service@ statefillableforms.com. Each e-mail program and spam filter differs, so please check your email account or service provider for additional help. If you still have not received the e-mail after this step, contact us at 1-804-367-8031.
How do I enter information from more than one W-2?
When entering withholding information into the fillable forms, you will need to manually add multiple W-2’s and 1099’s together and enter the total on either lines 18a and/or 18b. When preparing your return for e-filing, you can add multiple W-2 forms. On the "E-file Your Tax Forms" tab, click the Add button next to the information about entering W-2s, near the top. A window appears. At the bottom, click Add another Form W-2 - Wage and Tax Statement.
What should I check on my return before I file it?
Your tax return could be rejected for incorrect or incomplete information. When you complete all the required information for electronic filing and click "Continue", your tax return will be transmitted to the Virginia Department of Taxation. To ensure that your tax return is accepted, make sure you have done all of the following items.
- Entered your exemptions
- Entered your standard or itemized deductions
- Calculated and entered your tax amount
- Entered your direct deposit and direct debit information accurately
- Selected the correct checkbox to receive your refund, direct deposit or debit card
- Entered a 5 digit numeric pin of your choice as your electronic PIN signature
Why is the "e-file Now" button on the "E-file Your Tax Forms tab" gray?
The "e-file Now" button is gray when it is deactivated. The button will remain gray and deactivated until all information on the form is completed and both email addresses match.
In order to activate the "e-file Now" button, make sure you have entered all of the following information:
- Email address – in both boxes to validate. Make sure both email addresses match exactly.
- Date of birth.
- Current date.
- Disclosure statement checkbox is checked.
- 5-digit numeric pin as your electronic PIN signature
If using Direct Debit all of the following must be entered
- Routing number
- Bank account number
- Debit date
- Type of account
- Will the fund originate from an account outside of the U.S.?
What happens if I start a return but don't come back and finish it?
No matter when you start your tax return, it will be accessible in the State Fillable Forms system through the end of the filing season upon which it will be removed from the database. Your return will not be filed or e-filed.
Are you able to delete my data upon request?
No, but you can delete your data by selecting the “Start Over” option and then sign out of the return. This will clearany data previously entered in your tax return.
How do I fix mistakes or make changes after I've filed my return?
If you need to make changes before you e-file or print your return, simply review the entries on your forms and make the changes. However, if you realize you made a mistake and have already e-filed, you will need to wait until the return is either accepted or rejected by the Virginia Department of Taxation. If rejected, correct the mistakes and the reason for rejecting and then e-file again. If your return has been accepted or you have already dropped it in the mail box you'll need to file an amended paper return to make any corrections.
Can I save a copy of my return onto my computer?
Yes! You must change your default printer to Adobe PDF, Microsoft Image Writer or another program that will allow you to capture (print) your return in an electronic format. However, we always recommend you have a printed copy in case you have hard drive issues later.
I forgot to print a copy of my return for my records. What do I do?
Sign in to your State Fillable Forms return with your username and password, and select Print at the bottom of the screen.
Why don’t the forms that print out look like the forms I see on the screen?
Computer generated forms frequently differ from what you see on the screen and from what you are used to seeing. The computer generated forms are designed to more efficiently process through the Virginia Department of Taxation’s automated processing systems that uses imaging technology to process the returns with minimal manual intervention. What prints out is accurate even though it doesn’t look like what you are used to.
If I have a tax law question, or questions regarding filling out my tax return, what can I do?
- Refer to the Form 760 and schedule instructions.
- Call Customer Service toll-free, at (804) 367-8031.
I didn't receive an acknowledgment email, why?
Within 48 hours after you file your return using State Fillable Forms, we will send you an email letting you know that your return has been accepted or rejected. If you are not seeing this email in your inbox, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you are checking the same email account that you used to create an account with State Fillable Forms
- Check your spam filter. If the email is in your spam filter, add email@example.com to your e-mail safe senders list to ensure that you receive future emails. Each e-mail program and spam filter differs, so please check your e-mail account or service provider for additional help.
- If you still have not received the e-mail after this step, contact us (804) 367-8031.
Who do I call if I need help signing in to State Fillable Forms or accessing my tax return?
Taxpayers who experience technical difficulties with State Fillable Forms can contact the Virginia Department of Taxation at (804) 367-8031 or via the "Contact VA TAX" link available within the State Fillable Forms program for a full list of contacts.
Last Updated 2/25/2013 11:25