How to Report Changes to Your Business
Promptly report all changes to your Business by going Online to update your Account or if you prefer you may notify the Department of changes to your business on Form R-3, Registration Change Request.
- Update all Contact information we have on file for your Business to include the contact person, email address, phone number and Fax number. You may update your Primary Business Contact in addition to any tax-specific contacts you may have provided to us such as a Sales Tax contact, an Employer Withholding contact, etc. If you do not have a tax-specific contact but want to add one to your account you can do that too.
- Update all Address information we have on file for your Business. You may update your Primary Business physical Address, your Primary Business Mailing Address in addition to any tax-specific mailing addresses you may have provided to us such as a Sales Tax mailing address, an Employer Withholding mailing address, etc. If you do not have tax-specific mailing address but want to add one to your account you can do that too.
- Add a New Business Location to your Account. If you open another business location you can now go online and add that new location to your existing Sales Tax account. We can consolidate your locations under your existing Account for you so you only need to file one return to represent all of your Locations or if you prefer you can have separate Accounts for each business location.
- Notify us online if you Close one of your Business Locations or if you Close your Business all together. By informing us when you close your business we will mark your account inactive and not expect future tax return filings from you.
- Add a Tax-type to your existing Account. If for example you are currently registered for Sales Tax and at a later date hire employees you can go online and add Employer Withholding Tax to your Account.
- End a Tax-type liability for your Account. If for example you are currently registered for Sales Tax and Employer Withholding Tax but decide you no longer will have any paid employees working for you, you can go online and end your liability (responsibility) for a specific tax type.
- Add a Responsible Office to your Account or update information about the existing Responsible Officers that are assigned to your Account.
- To report a Change in Ownership of an existing business, the current owner must Close their Business and the new owner must Register as a New Business.
- To report a Legal Business Name change or a Trading As Name change, complete Form R-3.
If you need help updating your account information, please contact us at (804) 367-8037.
Last Updated 7/24/2012 11:55