If you want to take advantage of the upcoming 2019 Virginia Sales Tax Holiday, you’ll need to keep a close eye on the calendar. This year it begins on Friday, Aug. 2, 2019, at 12:01 a.m. and ends on Sunday, Aug. 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
During the Virginia Sales Tax Holiday, you can buy qualifying goods such as school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products without paying sales tax.
Here are the specific products that are eligible:
- School supplies, clothing and footwear:
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item; and
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item.
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products:
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item;
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item;
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item; and
- Other specified hurricane preparedness products – $60 or less per item.
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products:
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for non-commercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item.
For more information, see Virginia Sales Tax Holiday.