You can only set up a payment plan if you've received a bill. If you haven't received a bill, you can make partial payments using one of our other payment options.
How to set up a payment plan
Call our Collections Department at 804.367.8045 during regular business hours to speak with a representative, or
- Call our automated system, Teleplan, available 24 hours a day at 804.440.5100
You'll need your Social Security number (individuals) or Federal Employer Identification Number (businesses).
You will not be able to set up payment plan through Teleplan if you have any of the following actions on your account:
- Padlock, revocation, criminal warrant, bond, or hold
- Third party lien, bankruptcy, existing payment plan, or assignment to an outside collection agency
If you're not eligible to set up a payment plan through Teleplan, you may still be able to set up a payment plan with one of our representatives.
Payment plan terms
If we accept your payment plan you must:
- Make all payments on time
- File and pay any future returns on time
If you don't think you can make a payment on time, or you can't continue to meet the conditions of the agreement, you should call us at 804.367.8045 immediately.
If payments are late, or if you don't stay current on your tax obligations, we may cancel the payment plan and take other actions to collect the amount due.