You can only set up a payment plan if you've received a bill from us. If you haven't received a bill, you can submit partial payments using one of our other payment options.
How to set up a payment plan
- Call our Collections Department at 804.367.8045 during regular business hours to speak with a representative, or
- Call our automated system, Teleplan, available 24 hours a day at 804.440.5100
You'll need your Social Security number (individuals) or Federal Employer Identification Number (businesses) ready.
You will not be able to set up an automated payment plan through Teleplan if one of the following actions is in place on your account:
- padlock, revocation, criminal warrant, bond, or hold
- third party lien, pending lien, bankruptcy, existing payment plan, or assignment to an outside collection agency
If you're not eligible to set up a payment plan through Teleplan, or if the terms of your plan aren't accepted, you may still be able to set up a payment plan with one of our representatives. If you call during business hours, Teleplan will direct your call to a representative for you. If not, you will need to call back during regular hours.
If we accept the terms of your payment plan you must:
- make all payments on time
- file and pay any future returns on time
If payments are late, or if you do not stay current on your tax obligations, we may cancel the payment plan and take other actions to collect the amount due.
If at any time you don't think you'll be able to make an installment payment on time, you should contact us.