Virginia Tax has created substitute versions of existing tax forms so that proper processing of taxpayer information can occur. All software development documentation is stored on the State Exchange System.
All Virginia Vendors
In order to participate in the submission of Virginia Substitute Forms, (including the 760CG return package) all software providers must submit a completed 2020 Software Provider Letter of Intent Form (LOI).
- After completing and submitting the Virginia Letter of Intent, we will complete a suitability review and notify you of the results.
- If approved, access will be granted to applicable Substitute Forms and e-File documentation and testing may begin.
The Substitute Form development documents that are available to view in the secure SES site include:
- Guidelines & Standards for Formatting, Content & Approval
- 760CG Exact Specifications - PDF and Excel Formats
- 760CG Test Scripts
- 760CG / Schedule FED Comparison
- 1D Barcode Documents – full size forms
- Spec Documents – for Individual Income, Fiduciary, Corporation/Pass-Through Entity, Insurance Premiums, Sales and Use, Withholding and Miscellaneous Taxes
- Check Digit Calculator