- Online Services
- What's New -- Information on Individual Income Tax changes
- e-Alerts - Stay informed with our free newsletter. Receive emails or text messages about the topics you select.
- Where to Find Free Tax Help
- Military Tax Tips - Find information on all special filing provisions for members of the military and their spouses.
- Copies of Tax Returns -- How to request copies of your previously filed tax returns.
- Individual FAQs -- Frequently asked questions for Individual Income Tax
- Tax Forms and Instructions -- Download printable forms and instructions
- Learn all the ways you can obtain the forms you need from us.
- What Form Should I File? -- Not sure which of our forms is the one you need? Try our interactive tool!
- Where is my Refund? -- Check the status of your refund
- Virginia Tax Refund Debit Card
- Treasury Offset Program -- Did you receive a partial federal refund, and were advised a portion was held for Virginia? Learn about the U.S. Department of Treasury Offset Program (TOP)
Income Tax Return Information
- Filing Requirements -- Learn about who needs to file and filing thresholds
- Residency Status -- Are you a Resident, a Nonresident, or a Part-Year Resident? Find out the correct method to file.
- Completing Your Return -- Information on how to complete your return. Information on subtractions, deductions, credits, contributions, etc is available here.
- Estimated Tax Payments -- Information regarding estimated tax payment requirements
Other Topics of Interest
- Consumers Use Tax - Information on Consumers Use Tax - the "other half" of the Virginia Sales and Use Tax Act passed by the 1966 Virginia General Assembly
- Consumer Cigarette Tax - Information on Consumer Cigarette Tax Return requirements.
- Fiduciary - Information on Fiduciary Tax Return requirements.
- Registration of Nonresident Property Owners - Information on Registration of nonresident property owners.
- Penalties and Interest -- Virginia law requires the Department of Taxation to assess penalties for underpayment of tentative tax (extension penalty), late filing, and late payment. Learn more on how penalties and interest are assessed.
- Unified Nonresident -- Learn about Form 765, which applies to owners of S corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.