Welcome to the Department of Taxation Locality web page. This site is for Commissioners of the Revenue, Treasurers, and your staffs to access information that will assist you in your processing matters.
- What's New
- IRMS Systems Access and Related Information
- Learning Management System
- Individual Income Tax
- Sales and Use Tax
- Other Taxes
- Helpful Information
- Local Office Administration
Process to Request IRMS Training Has Changed
As a security measure, the process for requesting IRMS training has changed. Requests for IRMS training no longer go through the IRMS Support mailbox. Instead, all such training requests must be e-mailed directly to TAX Security Administration at External.Entity.DocForms@tax.virginia.gov.
Review the source below for complete details.
Electronic Submission of Local Estimated Data
All Treasurers' Office are required to submit local estimated data electronically, eliminating the paper submission process. We have developed a phased-in approach where specific localities are required to convert from paper to electronic by certain dates, with everybody on board by January 1, 2017.
Review the sources below for complete details.
- Employee Access (Requirements and Forms)
- IRMS Access Form
- Locked Accounts and Terminated Access--What should you do?
- Common System Problems
- Testing Requirements for Files and Data Transfers (EESMC)
- IRMS Support
- 2017 Filing Season Training
- Commissioner of Revenue Processing Reminders for Filing Season 2017
- Treasurer Processing Reminders for Filing Season 2017
- Tax Year 2016 Individual Tax Form Changes
- Reorder Additional Tax Forms
- Domicile Questionnaire
- FIPS Code Lookup
- Information about Sales Tax Distribution Reports
- Locality Sales Tax Transfer Request Form and Instructions
- Assessment Forms
- Land Use Application
- Cumulative Interest Factors
- Spay Neuter Locality Summary - FY2015
- Power of Attorney FAQs
- Role and Responsibilities
- MOU and Confidentiality Forms for Commissioners, Treasurers, Finance Directors, and Towns