Virginia Tax supports the electronic filing of Individual Income, Fiduciary/Estate, Corporation, and Pass-through Entity (PTE) tax data with the e-File system. Software vendors go through our testing and approval process so that proper processing of taxpayer information can occur. All software development documentation is stored on the State Exchange System.
All Virginia Vendors
In order to participate in the Virginia Fed/State e-File program, all software providers supporting Virginia returns must submit a completed 2020 Software Provider Letter of Intent (LOI).
- After completing and submitting the Virginia Letter of Intent, we will complete a suitability review and notify you of the results.
- If approved, access will be granted to applicable e-File and Substitute Forms documentation and testing may begin.
Payroll Tax Providers: Please complete and submit a pro forma letter of intent.
The e-File Development Documents that are available to view in the secure SES site include:
- Business Rules
- Test Packages
- Guides – including details for transmission requirements
Approved e-File Software
Virginia Tax does not promote or endorse any particular e-File product. Approval by Virginia Tax only means that the vendor has met established software specifications.
- Individual Income Tax
- Fiduciary/Estate Income Tax
- Corporation Income Tax
- Pass-through Entity (PTE) Tax
- Early Release Forms - drafts of tax forms
- e-Alerts Service - legislative changes, filing reminders, and other related tax information
- Web Forms - all forms supported by Virginia Tax
- Substitute Forms - specs for all Individual, Fiduciary, Corporation, and Pass-Through Entity substitute forms