Virginia Tax Credits
Review the credits below to see what you may be able to deduct from the tax you owe. In addition to credits, Virginia offers a number of deductions and subtractions from income that may help reduce your tax liability.
To learn more about the Land Preservation Tax Credit, see our Land Preservation Tax Credit page.
- Individuals & Families
- Farming & Agriculture
- Business Development
- Housing & Community Development
- Ports & Trade
- Expired or Repealed
Farming and Agriculture Credits
Business Research, Development & Investment Credits
Expired or Repealed Credits
The following credits have either expired or been repealed. However, taxpayers with carryover amounts may continue to claim the credits until their eligible amounts are exhausted or as otherwise provided by law. See the individual credit instructions for more information.
- Clean Fuel Vehicle and Advanced Cellulosic Biofuels Job Creation Tax Credit
- Coalfield Employment Enhancement Credit
- Coal Employment and Production Incentive Tax Credit
- Conservation Tillage Equipment Credit
- Day-Care Facility Investment Credit
- Fertilizer and Pesticide Application Equipment Credit
- Long-Term Care Insurance Credit
- Low Income Housing Credit
- Rent Reduction Program Credit
- Telework Expenses Credit
- Worker Retraining Tax Credit