5 reasons to file your individual income taxes online
- If you file electronically and request your refund as a direct deposit, you’ll get your refund faster.
- You’re less likely to make common mistakes - transposing numbers and math errors.
- When you file electronically, you’ll get confirmation it was filed.
- Electronic filing meets strict security guidelines to protect your tax return. Mailing a return has a higher risk of theft.
- You can choose from over 20 approved software options to file.
See electronic filing options.