When you make changes that affect your Virginia business tax account, be sure to let us know as soon as possible. It’s important for us to have the most current information so that you receive letters from us, your payments are processed accurately, and you can get help if you call with a question.
- Update all contact information
- Update all address information
- Add a new business location
- Close your business or a location
- Add a tax type
- End a tax-type liability
- Add a responsible officer
If you need to report a legal business name change or a trading-as name change, you’ll need to mail us Form R-3 (Registration Information Change Request).
See How to Report Changes to Your Business for more details.