You may have recently received a letter from us titled Uncashed Refund Check if you have an uncashed check for a:

  • Tax refund
  • Tax rebate
  • Virginia Lottery payment
  • Payment from a state agency

If you still have the check and it's less than a year old, please deposit or cash the check right away.

  • If you no longer have your check, or never received it, you can request that we reissue one here.
  • If you have changed your address since the last time you filed a tax return, you may need to call us to update your account information.

Once the check is more than a year old, we are required to transfer the funds to the Virginia Treasury Department. You will then need to contact their Unclaimed Property Division to collect your payment.