Purchase Qualifying Items without Paying Sales Tax in Virginia
Stock up on qualifying school supplies, clothing, hurricane and emergency preparedness supplies, and certain ENERGY STAR™ and WaterSense™ products without paying state sales tax starting Friday, Aug. 5 at 12:01 a.m. and ending Sunday, August 7, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Enjoy the savings whether you shop online, in-store, or by mail or phone.
- School supplies, clothing and footwear:
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item; and
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item.
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products:
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item;
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item;
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item; and
- Other specified hurricane preparedness products – $60 or less per item.
- ENERGY STAR™ and WaterSense™ products:
- Qualifying ENERGY STAR™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for non-commercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item.
For more information, see Virginia Sales Tax Holiday.