What to expect during your first few weeks at Virginia Tax
Congratulations on your new job! We’re excited for you to join us.
Here is everything you need to know about your first month at Virginia Tax:
Prior to your first day:
- Your supervisor will contact you to say welcome.
- Please download, complete, and bring the following documents with you on your first day:
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (PDF)
- Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF).
- Form VA-4, Employee's Virginia Income Tax Withholding Exemption Certificate.
- Employee Direct Deposit Authorization (PDF) or the EPPI Card Application (PDF)
- Parking Application and Salary Agreement (PDF)
- Personal Information/Emergency Contact Form (PDF)
- Prior State Service Credit (PDF)
- The Overview of New Hire Forms (PDF) provides instructions on completing many of these forms.
- Employee Handbook (PDF)
On your first day:
- You will attend a new employee orientation. Your supervisor will reach out with details.
- You must have Form I-9 and acceptable verification documents with you.
- A human resources representative will review documents, collect missing paperwork, and answer benefits questions.
- You’ll receive your badge, laptop, personal protective equipment, and other items you need for your job.
Your first month:
- Your supervisor will go over your job duties and expectations
- You’ll elect or decline coverage and return your benefits forms and documents.
- You’ll spend much of your first few weeks learning the organization, meeting people, and getting established with training.
- Complete all required training.
It's normal to be nervous when starting a job. Don't worry. We've got you covered. We are excited that you decided to join us.