We're glad to have you as part of our team!
To help make your first days with us go as smoothly as possible, please download, complete, and bring the following documents with you on your first day.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (PDF).
- Virginia Tax participates in the Federal Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). Your continued employment will be contingent upon confirmation of your employment eligibility through the E-Verify Program. Prior to your first day of employment, complete Section 1 of the form. When you report to work on your first day, you must provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States. Please review the "List of Acceptable Documents" (page 4 of form) for the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. You must present one original document from List A, or one original document from List B (must be a document with a photo ID) and List C. Documents must be unexpired. It's up to you to decide what documents you choose to provide. Please bring these documents with you on your first day of employment. Refer to the Instructions for Form I-9 (PDF) for more information on how to complete the form and acceptable documents.
- Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF). This form determines how much is withheld from your paycheck for federal income tax.
- Form VA-4, Employee's Virginia Income Tax Withholding Exemption Certificate.
- This form determines how much is withheld from your paycheck for Virginia income tax.
- Personal Information and Emergency Contact Form (Word)
- Parking Application, for Main Street Centre, Richmond (Word)
- Parking is available for employees that will located at our Main Street Centre (MSC) facility for a monthly rate of $49.00 ($24.50 per pay period).
- Parking Application, for Westmoreland, Richmond (Word)
- Parking is available for employees that will located at our Westmoreland facility for a monthly rate of $24.50 ($12.25 per pay period).
- Employee Direct Deposit Authorization (PDF) or the EPPI Card Application (PDF)
- The agency participates in an electronic and paper-free payday process. Information normally provided on a paycheck/earnings statement will be provided online. You have the option of receiving your net pay through either the Direct Deposit or on an EPPI Debit Card. If you choose Direct Deposit, your pay will be automatically deposited into the bank account(s) of your choice. If you choose an EPPI Debit Card, your pay will be deposited to your own Debit MasterCard.
- Prior State Service Credit (PDF)
- Proper crediting of prior classified state service ensures employees are given appropriate credit towards their annual leave accrual rates. All classified state service should be listed even if it is not reflected on your state application. If you are unsure of exact dates, provide as much information as possible. Only classified employees need to complete this form.
Classified new hires will find the Spotlight on Your Benefits a helpful resource to assist in selecting a health care benefit plan as it provides a summary of important information regarding insurance options including premium and co-pay rates. For detailed information regarding health and wellness options available, please visit the Department of Human Resource Management's benefits page.
You may also find the 2017 Pay and Holiday Calendar useful. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Human Resources at 804.786.3610 or HROffice@tax.virginia.gov. We're looking forward to working with you!